Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Finders Keepers




Had a lovely time last Saturday visiting the Syd Finders Keepers markets with these 2 chicks.



There was a lot of talent and a lot of pretty things to see and buy.

Here's some of the things I bought with my limited amount of spending money..

This print by Flossy P

This owl print by Andrea Smith

& these cute little sparrow earrings from pigeonhole's stall.


I also got to hear the band Charlie Mayfair. They where quite amazing and had
us mesmerised for their set. We then all purchased their ep "watch my hands"
and now I cannot stop listening to it. You can hear them here.

Charlie Mayfair are a conglomeration of musical experiences: jazz educations jostle up against love affairs
with Appalachian folk, and voices lifted in rapturous harmony mingle with acoustic guitar. Think Joni Mitchell
eating fairy bread made by Fleetwood Mac served at Arcade Fire’s birthday party while Glen Hansard
slow dances to The Beatles...






"Watch my hands as they shake See my eyes, they won't wake And I wonder."



No comments:

Post a Comment