Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Florence and the machine

Florence from Florence and the Machine is one cool chic. Besides having an amazing voice and inspiring and powerful music she has her own awesome style. Also, her hair is an incredible shade of red! (One i wish i could pull off).

“I want my music to sound like throwing yourself out of a tree, or off a tall building, or as if you’re being sucked down into the ocean and you can’t breathe”








Her debut album ‘Lungs’ is made of harps, choirs, drums, elevator shafts, bits of metal, love, death, fireworks, string quartets, stamping, sighing, strange electronic wailing, lambs, lions, sick, broken glass, blood, moon, stars, drink, coffins, teeth, water, wedding dresses.. and the silences in between






"Live, Florence and The Machine become an entirely different beast. No two performances are ever alike, and clad in clothes often culled from local second-hand shops that day, Florence goes at it like a woman possessed. “It’s just this sense of total freedom,” she says. “It sounds so cheesy, but I want to touch people. Not in a weird way. I just want to help them feel what I’m feeling.”

I found out today Florence and the machine are coming to Sydney for the St Jeromes Laneway Festival. Mumford & sons and Sarah Blasko are also in the line up, so it's definatly something I can't miss. Then maybe Florence can touch me too.

Just thought I'd led you see how amazing Florence is too, she's such a talented crazy magical thing.

Bye bye
xo

1 comment:

  1. hi, i was just browsing through some Florence & The Machine images and came across your blog.

    i totally agree with you, florence is AMAZING! i love her! i got her album recently, and its one of my favorite, and i have about 15
    and i'm from australia too! :)

    ReplyDelete